We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
ACCIONA, in its Agua business, is looking for a Construction Manager focused on mechanical and piping to be part of the TKO project in Hong Kong.
The candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination, and control of the project from inception to completion aimed at meeting client requirements in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
- Interpreting clients requirements, identifying / addressing design parameters and engineering problems
- Producing and executing well defined structured strategies for the commissioning of engineered elements to systems level and hence to facility level, demonstrating understanding of all the interfaces and regulatory constraints.
- Ensuring all justifications for contractual variations during the project is maintained to support subsequent commercial claims.
- Liaising and managing contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose and installed in accordance with appropriate client specifications and standards.
- Prioritising defect management - evaluating, organising and prioritise work within the overall project schedule.
- Managing the production of mechanical and electrical assurance documentation to enable timely delivery and close out of project.
- Ensured that all health and safety requirements were reached and that work is carried out to own and organisations exacting standards.
Key Result Areas:
- Finalise commissioning plan and manual to achieve the performance test completion within contractual dates
- Keep the variations to minimum and if any always below approved budget without impacting the quality or reliability of the process systems
- Obtain the construction completion certificate demonstrating all equipment is fit for purpose and installed in accordance with contractual specifications and standards.
- Ensure all the defects of the installation are close out with the client on a timely manner
Required Skills and Competencies
Required competencies and skills:
- Suitably qualified and experienced to be constantly on the Site and to give his whole time to the construction management of all the construction works on Site.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering disciplines, OR should be a corporate member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers (UK) or the Institution of Structural Engineers (UK) or the Membership of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (UK), or the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (UK) or the Institution of Electrical Engineers (UK) or the Institution of Engineers Australia or the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand or an institution of equivalent professional standing
- At least 3 years of experience in construction management of multi-disciplinary infrastructure project(s), which refer to infrastructure projects involving more than two of the following engineering disciplines: (a) civil engineering and structural, (b) geotechnical, (c) marine (d) E&M, and (e) environmental disciplines.
- Relevant experience in water treatment, water treatment techniques and instruments
- It´s critical the candidate has relevant experience in Desalination Plants.
- Substantial experience working in a comparable technical role
- Fluent Spanish and English.
- Able to prioritise and work autonomously on tasks
- Ability to work within a team and broader corporate environment, as well as autonomously.
- People management skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.