We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
ACCIONA, in its Agua business, requires a Mechanical Engineer to be part of the Laguna Lake Project.
Undertake process and mechanical design for projects.
- Developing innovative and practical engineering solutions based on project and client needs.
- Developing and completing technical calculations, technical documentation, specifications and schedules.
- Developing and completing general and mechanical arrangement drawings and other Mechanical design documentation.
- Liaising with the Design Manager to confirm requirements have been met and to undertake design reviews.
- Provide input into detailed civil, electrical, instrumentation and/or other design areas as needed.
Contribute to the delivery phase activities for projects by:
- Developing and compiling ACCIONA Agua equipment specifications, communicating with tenderers, compiling tender comparison spreadsheets and other documents as required.
- Undertake Mechanical design work on bids and projects and providing assistance to estimators for cost development on bids.
- Assisting and managing the scoping, definition, specification and tendering of minor works & procurement items.
- Co-ordinating of general project documentation, including tender documents, contract documents, client correspondence and quality documentation.
- Managing the resolution of project issues through the collation and analysis of relevant information and making recommendations to the Design Manager and other internal stakeholders.
- Communication and liaison with third parties and our Spanish counterparts on specific technical issues.
- Ensure appropriate quality management, including review and compilation of quality documentation and assisting with quality audits and inspections (both internal and external)
OHS & Environment
- Take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons or themselves. Ensure that safe work methods are followed at all times and assist others to do so
- Comply with all reasonable instructions given for work health & safety and comply with all statutory requirements, including your ‘duty of care’.
- Comply with the ACCIONA Agua work health & safety, policies, procedures, safe work instructions.
- Participate in consultation and communication of work health & safety matters with their supervisors and other workers.
- Use all safety devices and equipment correctly and not to render them inoperative or wilfully damage them.
Key Result Areas
- Delivery of mechanical design related tasks on time and to an appropriate level of quality.
- Communicating Design outcomes to clients, suppliers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Building local mechanical design capability within ACCIONA.
- Compliance with the Safety and Environmental Responsibilities outlined in ACCIONA Agua’s Integrated Management System.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Degree qualifications in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working in a comparable technical role (between 3 to 5 years)
- Experience in Water Treatment and/or desalination highly desirable
- Available to travel interstate regularly as required.
- Knowledge of drawing software and capabilities on supervision of drawings
- Able to develop and guide the production of drawings
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (including technical report writing).
- Able to prioritise and work autonomously on tasks
- Ability to work within a team and broader corporate environment, as well as autonomously.
- Able to help build and lead a small group of process/ mechanical engineers
- Self-motivated, self-driven and able to demonstrate initiative in problem solving and achieving project goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.