We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Mostostal Warszawa S.A. is a construction company with over 70 years of experience in the Polish market. Our history goes back to 1945 and starts with reconstruction of the Poniatowski Bridge in Warsaw. Nowadays, we implement various projects in the area of general construction, industrial, environmental, road and infrastructural construction. We perform large and prestigious construction projects, acting as the general contractor and servicing domestic and foreign partners. We also have strong support from our foreign shareholder. Since 1999, our strategic partner has been Acciona – an international Spanish construction company employing over 30,000 people in more than 30 countries around the world.
ACCIONA Construction is looking for a TBM Senior Project Engineer for a design and construction expressway project in Rzeszów, Poland.
Required Skills and Competencies
Reporting to the Tunnel Manager, this position will be in charge of:
People: safety, leading, managing and communication.
- Ensure all TBM related works are perform in a safe manner.
- Maintain safe method of work utilising system and procedures.
- Manage a behavioural based safety culture (Zero Harm)
- Involvement of direct reports in decision making
- Providing effective feedback (constructive &positive)
- Providing appropriate authorities
- Team work model
- Actively seek opportunities for self-development and building own capability.
- Encourage & support direct reports to seek & present opportunities for innovation.
- Retention of high calibre people to project completion
- Workforce planning e.g.: effective demobilisation and succession planning
- Training and development to develop capability
- Utilise effective communication systems to keep direct reports informed
- Organise weekly team session to update team on Project Progress, future planning and in coordination with another team.
Scheduling: Safety, Planning, Financial
- Planning of all work sequences in accordance with the Safety Management Plan.
- Develop the Tunnel Production Team’s plans and budgets to deliver the S19 Project objectives, by ensuring:
- Direct reports have the authorities and resources to deliver the requirements
- Accurate forecast formulation and review
- Alignment of work and systems across team
- Effective milestone tracking
- Adherence to and use of S19 Planning systems & controls
- Direct reports understand clear links between Project objectives and individual performance outcomes
- Provide optimised project resources for Tunnel Production team
- Develop all Tunnel Production Team’s planning & decision making within a ‘best for project’ framework based around the Project framework
- Develop Tunnel Production Team’s plans to reflect and recognise the Construction Critical Path
- Provide the monthly cost to date and forecast to complete to the Tunnel Manager
- Optimise resources within Tunnel Production Team by performing against plans ensuring timely action to adjust for variance and contingencies
- Utilise the Procurement Team to maximise cost effectiveness across the project
Technical: Safety & Environment, Quality, Community & Stakeholders and Operational
Safety & Environment
- Produce all method statements and risk analyses, for the TBM construction works and methodologies.
- Attendance/completion of monthly safety inspections.
- Ensure all Tunnel construction related works are executed in accordance to the EMP
- Manage Tunnel Team’s compliance with management systems, processes, corporate, statutory, and legislative requirements, with significant emphasis on Safety and Environment
- Maintain an effective health and safety management system
- Ensure consultants, visitors and subcontractors comply with S19 safety systems
- Undertake effective Site Safety Inspections ensuring that safety standards are met across the site
- Ensure the delivery of the output required of Tunnel Team on time and to quality specification by:
- establishing Tunnel Production Team’s operational priorities for achieving the Project objectives.
- achieving results within budget allocation and meeting objectives.
- accepting accountability for all outputs of Tunnel Production Team
- Implement controls and ensure that all work is in accordance with the Project Management Plan
- Manage compliance and provide recommendations for improvements to Quality systems and processes
- Manage effective cross functional working relationships by clarifying Task Initiating Role Relationship Authorities
- Encourage continuous improvement ideas to technology, systems and processes by:
- identifying and evaluating opportunities for significant improvement in the Project including existing processes, services and systems, and between Areas
- acquiring, developing and applying benchmarking/best practice systems and processes
- ensuring the effective communication of changes to direct reports
- Community & Stakeholders
- Manage effective relationships with S19 Project subcontractors, suppliers, community and stakeholders to optimise performance across the Project
- Support the Logistic Department in managing timely delivery of all materials and precast elements required for TBM tunnel production.
- Manage that all works are perform respecting the Tunnel team’s target programme.
- Management of the TBMs production respecting the requirements of the Plant maintenance in order to optimise the final result for the Tunnel team.
- Ensure Program conflict resolution is completed with a ‘best for project’ framework
- Provide timely, strategic solutions where appropriate within the appointed authority limits
- Review design documentation and provide constructive comments regarding improved build ability
- Review other documentation and provide approvals/comments as required
- Ensure effective implementation of subcontracts and using the contract terms, condition and scope when required
- Approve design changes to achieve the project objectives.
- Manage Procurement schedule and review Procurement documentation (issues etc)
- Review TCP’s to ensure they meet requirements.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering.
- Fluent in Poland and English.
- Suitable experience in a similar role within a construction, road or tunnel projects with similar methodology (TBM excavation)
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.