We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
ACCIONA, in its Agua Business, is looking for a Cost Control Manager to be part of the Shuqaiq project.
- The mission of a Cost Control Manager is to focus in ensuring the feasibility in the forecast of margins during the execution of the project, through the analysis of the costs pending to be incurred as well as the monitoring of the risks and opportunities detected in the project. In the same order, in the event of deviations, the purpose is to detect them in time to propose and follow-up on the necessary measures that may mitigate their economic impact.
- Manage the Cost Control department.
- Develop and maintenance of cost control procedures for the project.
- Development of policies, objectives and standards applicable.
- Develop the CBS of the project in conjunction with the managers of the different areas.
- Establish a cost baseline (“0” Budget) for measuring project performance.
- Managing the cost engineering, procurement and construction of the project.
- Participate with the Project Director to define the cost Project objectives.
- Ensure that the project cost objectives are meet.
- Controlling the rates and cost of the materials and labour.
- Update the official budget and subsequent revisions of the budget in the project control system.
- Interact with the project teams, especially with procurement, production, financial and engineering.
- Monitor cost performance to detect and understand variances from plan.
- Control, track and follow-up on subcontractor costs, actual progress, certifications, schedule, delays and variations (if any)
- Prepare unit prices, along with the construction & purchasing team, in accordance to the needs of the project, subcontracts and related matters.
- Calculate an EAC (Estimate at Completion) as a forecast of most likely total project costs.
- Ensure that the final changes are accurately record in the cost baseline.
- Analyse deviations and corrective actions proposed in conjunction with area managers.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to improve processes.
- Provide ‘Early Warning’ notifications as issues arise.
- Monthly provide to the Financial Department the information required to guarantee the update of the Cash Flow (CF).
- Control Operational Reserves and Contingencies.
- Provision of guidance and support to construction teams; including reporting structures and requirements, forecasting, timetable guidance, transparency.
- Update personnel schedules in terms of costs.
- Prepare according to the company's calendar, the Project forecasts regarding Billing, Production and margin, based on the current Planning program.
- Monitor that all costs are record in the system and in the correct activity.
- Coordination with the accounts payable manager that all the provisions are on the system on time.
- Compare production with progress.
- Control and record Payment Claims and Change Orders.
- Promote teamwork, maintaining and promoting collaboration among the different areas of the project.
- Search out the “whys” of both positive and negative variances.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data, communicating if there is any problem for compliance.
- Assist in the development of the management processes to identify and evaluate business areas risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Management of cost transfers.
- Monitoring and control the project risks and opportunities.
- Control the performance rates of the Project through Earned Value in terms of costs.
- Preparation of integrated reports on cost including development of Key Performance Indicators.
- Cost Control advice to Operations Directors, Project Directors and project teams.
- Trend analysis and delay recovery identification.
- Reporting to the Project Director and Cost Madrid Head Office (timely and accurate preparation).
- Send analysis report to Project Director for the Steering Committee.
Required Skills and Competencies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Reliable, well organized and disciplined.
Highly focused and committed to achieving results, able to develop and maintain solid working relationship at all levels.
Ability to effectively lead and communicate with entire project.
Team Ability to facilitate project meetings.
Able to foster outstanding customer service and positive client relationships.
Analytical Ability, Initiative, Innovation and creativity.
Team building, willingness, adaptability and flexibility to change.
Self-motivation for learning, independence and decision-making.
Delegation, Personnel Management and development.
Results-oriented, customer-oriented, persuasion and negotiation
Demonstrated ability to manage through influence at all levels inside the organization.
Leadership in meetings.
Able to handle intercultural teams.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree: Engineering (preferably Civil Engineer and Mechanical Engineer)
English: High level of English. C1 degree or similar (Complete professional competence)
At least 8 years in cost control on Site Experience
To take into account SEO knowledge.
Good knowledge of Office software, especially in Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.