We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
ACCIONA is looking for a Traffic Manager based in Trondheim: E6 Ranheim-Værnes, Norway.
Mission: Ensure the effective coordination and control of Traffic design within engineering works for a designated Project through activities of technical, engineering, inspection, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement and quality control based on ACCIONA standards and in Norwegian requirements. The Traffic Manager is responsible to ensure the safe and successful completion of the project on schedule, within budget and to the specified quality.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Provides support and advice on planning and design suitability and options, the use of materials, resources, components or systems within the project, and construction practices and problems to ensure project success, value for money and best practice are achieved
- Develops, guides and monitors implementation of suitable traffic construction methods including audits
- Manages the operational aspects of project delivery to ensure the effective and efficient use of systems and processes involved with all phases of the project management model
- Identifies what Authorities are appropriate in obtaining approvals with specific project work and interrelationships between Authorities
- Ensures the implementation of engineering requirements of traffic facilities, planning proposals and developments applications in accordance with Norwegian Standards, Norwegian Guidelines, Roads and Maritime Services Guide to Traffic Generating Developments and State Environmental Planning Policy
- Conducts research for safe and efficient traffic flow and analyses data to construct the correct road geometry to ease known bottlenecks and implement the proper road markings, signage’s, traffic lights, pedestrian management and intelligent monitoring systems
- Provides technical supervision regarding traffic control devices to other traffic technicians and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation regulations
- Analyzes the environmental impact of proposed construction and check specifications for adherence to engineering standards.
- Accountable for documentation flow between Engineers, Site Supervisors, Consultants, Subcontractors and the Project ensuring that all parties are working from current documentation. Maintains and monitors the progress of work and advises the Senior Project Engineer of significant changes and proposed remedial action
- Ensures that programme is communicated to subcontractors, suppliers and internal staff to maintain commitment
- Designs traffic simulation programs and feed data related to traffic flow, accident rate data, and proposed changes to develop most efficient methods to ease traffic flow.
- Reviews the subcontractor’s construction program(s) and assists in identifying critical areas and integrates these into the Project program
- Manages subcontractor and supplier performance
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor Degree (Engineering)
- Relevant Tertiary Education
- Kurs 2 Statens Vegvesen
- Preferable 3-5 years’ experience in a construction/engineering environment
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated relevant leadership skills
- Ensuring all relevant regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Competent in planning and organizing work schedules
- Working knowledge of HS&E requirements and implementation of same
- Competent with cost control of projects
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Package
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.