We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
The Energy Market Analyst supports the management of ACCIONA's commercial interests and activities in the National Electricity market providing quality market analysis and the identification and evaluation of energy market strategies. The successful candidate will have an understanding of Australian energy markets (including products, pricing, volume/supply/demand as they relate to renewable energy) and policy environment and use effective analysis to provide advice and price forecasts to support investment and hedging strategy evaluations.
- Deliver quality analysis of energy and environmental product markets considering wholesale market conditions, new technologies, regulatory settings, etc.
- Identify and analyse competitor and customer/counterparty information
- Evaluate risk positions across the portfolio
- Coordinate regular and ad-hoc reporting of market conditions and portfolio considerations
- Develop price forecasts to support investment evaluation and assessment of hedging strategies
- Identify, evaluate and execute hedging / contracting opportunities (standard and non-standard) to optimise and grow ACCIONA Australia’s generation portfolio output
- Assist in developing submissions to regulators, policy makers and other key stakeholder groups to influence energy market regulation and policy to optimise ACCIONA’s interests
- Participate in industry working groups and in discussions with market participants and customers, regulators and policy makers, key government stakeholders, etc.
- Work with cross functional teams to evaluate acquisition opportunities.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new market opportunities for the Australian business
- Liaise and build relationships with internal key stakeholders locally and in Spain
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor qualifications in commerce, economics, finance or engineering preferred.
- 5+ years post graduate experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the National Electricity Market and market arrangements more generally
- Must have some previous experience in energy market activities – trading / origination or electricity retail experience would be highly regarded
- Advanced excel skills with proven experience interrogating financial models
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and commercial acumen
- Skills and experience in commercial negotiations and customer engagement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.