ACCIONA is looking to hire a Packaging Coordinator for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC
- Coordinate and Participate in the validation, update and development of process calculations, process mechanical equipment specifications, bid evaluations and recommendations, process area functional descriptions.
- Meet the inter-disciplinary requirements to ensure process requirements are met.
- Coordinate a team of packaging engineers to ensure that the Issue for Tender (IFT) documentation is generated for each procurement package.
- Verify that the content of the Procurement packages is consistent with the rest of the documentation for the project.
- Manage a team to perform the technical bid evaluation of the owned Procurement package.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to select and award a vendor per Procurement package.
- Manage the reception of the documentation from the vendors (shop drawings and related documentation) prior to be submitted to the customer for review.
- Follow up the revision and validation of the shop drawings and final vendor documentation, prior to release the manufacturing.
- Guarantee the compliance of the project schedule since the IFT documentation till the release to manufacturing.
- Coordinate the communication with the logistics team, to transfer the ownership of each package after the release for manufacturing.
- Understand Client’s expectations and ensure strict compliance to scope of works to minimize potential contract deviations and departures.
- Ensure that a strong link is maintained with process design groups in Spain and that ACCIONA Agua systems and methodologies are adhered to, maintained and developed.
- Promoting a culture of ‘no injury or harm to people’ and leading by example.
- Consulting and communicating with all personnel on WHS matters, procedures, instructions, etc.
- Compliance with the Safety and Environmental Responsibilities outlined in ACCIONA Agua’s Integrated Management System.
- Alignment of ACCIONA Agua design systems and approach with ACCIONA Agua requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the water treatment projects.
- Good working knowledge of design processes and experience in the application of quality systems.
- Knowledge of drawing software and capabilities on supervision of drawings.
- Experience in complex industrial projects.
- 10+ years’ experience in Technical and/or Procurement Management.
- 5+ years’ experience in Expediting.
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent recognized qualification. P Eng certification in BC.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organization.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.