AIM Roads Inc. is looking to hire a Human Resources Business Partner for the Highway Maintenance works being performed in Vernon, BC.
This position provides critical Human Resources support to the Operations and Maintenance team. The position will contribute as a key member of the Human Resource Team in the development and delivery of labour relation strategies, interpretation and execution of the collective agreements, management of personnel related queries, development of various required reports and databases, assists with payroll as required. The position also completes a number of administrative tasks in Human Resources to support the Director of Operations and Maintenance.
- Identify human resources, labour relations and organizational development issues and solutions (i.e. change management, compensation, workforce planning, training and development, etc.);
- Interpret and administer multiple collective bargaining agreements, manage grievance and arbitration processes and collective bargaining processes;
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs;
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of labour relations issues;
- Administer salary and benefit administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization;
- Management of personnel files;
- Coach, consult, persuade and influence management to ensure best practice engagement and problem solving approaches;
- Identify external business and market trends, anticipate external influences and adjust LR Strategies accordingly
- Assist with documentation, records and reporting as required
- Assist with payroll as required.
- Manages all processes/policies relating to day-to-day labour resources operations and compliance
- Manpower Planning
- Policy Administration
- Retention Strategies
- Employee Relations
- Health and Welfare Plans
- Regulatory and Corporate Compliance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well-developed business/personal judgment skills in resolving issues ranging from semi-routine to more complex situations.
- Strong program and policy development skills in order to develop LR programs, initiatives and policies
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and deliver strategic and tactical objectives.
- Solid leadership, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills
- Foster teamwork and cooperation with strong change management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills to deliver employee relations programs
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or CHRP designation.
- Minimum five years of progressive labour resources, experience with focus on collective agreements and labour relations management
- Labour relations experience in a multi-union environment is preferred
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.