ACCIONA is looking for a Design Manager/Coordinator to be part of a project in Victoria, Australia.
- Manages, organises, controls and coordinates the engineering and technical operations of the Program
- Implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- Interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- Ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- Overseeing design, construction and maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- Ensuring the cost planning process conforms with the procedure and is implemented throughout the Program
- Coordinating design into the digital engineering requirements including co-ordination of BIM leads, federated 3D model control and issue to team, GIS coordination with construction leads
- Constructability of design ensuring Design Leads implement efficiencies and value for money in design
- Innovations and continual improvement across engineering functions including design and construction synergies and applications
- Temporary Works Engineering management ensuring fit for purpose and issued for construction as per program
- Program integration with construction and design deliverables including compliance with MTM Works Readiness and Gates Procedures
- Best for project approach and best for Alliance outcomes from engineering perspective
- Manages the RFI Process
- Manages the Program Design and Construction Change Management Process
Measures of Success:
- Cost Planning Process drives optimisation in the design development and provides accurate, reliable understanding of the design package budget and stage gate deliverables
- Engineering strategies policies and plans are implemented and adhered to
- The RFI Process is managed within the specified requirements
- The Program Change Management Process is managed within the specified requirements
- Capabilities & Competencies:
- Technical Expertise – civil, structural, rail engineering experience within an operational environment
- Communication / Interface – Ability to interact between the Design and Construction teams, build and maintain relationships and drive efficiency.
- Design Team
- Construction Team
- Commercial & Finance Team
- Must have experience working in Joint Ventures.
- Must have demonstrated cost planning and cost control experience.
- Highly desirable in having worked on PPP projects.
- Highly desirable in having Temporary Works design experience
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.