Established in 1972, Coleman Rail, part of the ACCIONA Geotech group of companies, is a leading rail and infrastructure contractor in Australia.
Coleman Rail are currently looking for a Systems Engineering Coordinator to join our business based here in Melbourne. The role will be supporting the Southern Program Alliance project as part of the wider project team and will support the delivery of level crossing removals along the Frankston corridor for the Victorian Government and the Level Crossing Removal Project. The Southern Program Alliance (SPA) comprises Acciona Coleman Rail, LendLease, WSP and Metro Trains Melbourne to remove 18 dangerous and congested level crossings along the Frankston line.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, the Systems Engineering Coordinator will use their understanding of the engineering processes for implementing a pragmatic systems engineering strategy for the program. This role is vital in supporting delivery of systems and safety assurance outputs for the initial works package, along with supporting the Systems Engineering team so that the Alliance can achieve their stated Vision through their strategic objectives.
Roles and responsibilities of the role:
- To support the Requirements Manager in production of Requirements specifications
- Provide means to effectively control any changes or clarifications to requirements.
- Maintain the Requirements Registers or DOORS database as required
- Supporting the System Integration Specialist with maintenance of Interface Registers
- Supporting the System Safety Assurance Coordinator with maintenance of Hazard Logs/ Control Registers
- Supporting the System Safety Assurance Coordinator with Safety-in-Designs Workshop
Promoting your ability to follow through on delegated instructions and tasks and will report through company systems. Hence your proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and scripts using a software language. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of engineering processes in a project lifecycle.
You will have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering
- Experience as a project-based systems engineer in industry related disciplines such as rail and associated civil infrastructure and
- Experience (as an intern or other current graduate roles) in designs / requirements management / verification & validation / configuration management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia.
Applications via Recruiters will not be accepted.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.