In March 2017, ACCIONA acquired the Geotech Group, a leading diversified civil engineering services business. The investment gives ACCIONA a stronger local presence with additional improved resource capabilities for procure and delivery of major projects in Australia and New Zealand. ACCIONA Australia offers a variety of services across the energy, infrastructure, water and industrial sectors. We continually explore ways to exceed client expectations, while providing innovative solutions to complex problems.
ACCIONA Construction Australia is now looking for a Finance Manager to join its team based at our head office in Port Melbourne. Reporting to the ACA Managing Director this senior role will deliver accurate and high quality cost control, reporting and financial support to key internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the GL to ensure compliance with and parent company consolidation requirements
- Assist the Financial Controller with final audits and the Finance team in Spain
- Cash management optimization and reporting to the head entity
- Cost Control & Budgeting of the company budget with the Managing Director
- Review of all financial position related to tender submissions and security
- Financial & Management Reporting to Spain
With a strong track record of partnering with senior management to achieve organizational objectives and an excellent understanding of and experience with project accounting practices and related business systems this role will be right for you. Strong accounting capability including an ability to efficiently and accurately working through routine transaction processing, reconciliation and the reporting elements of the role and the ability to grasp key elements of engineering projects., including proactive intervention where required.
We require you to have:
- Multiple years finance related experience
- A constant alertness to business risks and opportunities
- In depth knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards
Progressing your career from a similar engineering related company will be advantageous as is the ability speak Spanish but not essential to this role. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia.
Applications via Recruiters will not be accepted.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.