ACCIONA is looking to hire a Survey Manager for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
The Construction Surveyor will be responsible for verifying the location of structures during Construction, providing horizontal & vertical control in various parts of the project, conducting as-built surveys to verify work completed has been done so in accordance to the drawings and specifications.
• Check control points on the alignment as provided by Drawings.
• Ensure levelling of controls points.
• Confirm quantities for subcontracted work.
• Precise locates for utilities.
• Develop plans, methods and techniques for conducting legal surveys.
• Measures the precise locations using electronic equipment to measure distances as well as global positioning systems (GPS).
• Analyzes, manages and displays data using systems design and computer aided design (CAD).
• Assist with the preparation and compilation of all documents, data, charts and records related to geodesy and surveying.
• Certifies the data reported and takes responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Surveying using a Total Station & GPS.
• Good hands on technical, communication, organizational, and planning skills.
• Ability to accurately read plans and calculate shapes (geometric, etc.) also required.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
•Post-secondary level Engineering Technologist Diploma with a Survey designation.
• Leica & Trimble.
• 5+ years of experience in the field of construction surveying.
• Progressive experience from technical field work
• Experience with Total Station, GPS, and other Survey Instruments.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.