ACCIONA is looking to hire a Survey Manager for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Working under the Technical Services Manager, the Survey Manager will contribute to all design built works involved with the North Shore Wastewater Treatment construction project.
• Primary responsibilities will include construction guidance and direction, survey and layout, civil design work, and survey data management.
• Provide primary field-level guidance to construction progress by translating engineered designs and survey technology to as-built design developments.
• Provide as-built construction designs and drawings by utilizing CAD software
• Consistently ensure that safety, quality, and environmental standards are being followed and maintained through each phase of construction
• Communicate and coordinate with Field Supervisory Personnel (Construction Superintendent and Foreman) and Engineering Staff to maintain a strong presence in all construction activities
• Provide timely and accurate collection of survey data.
• Interpret engineered construction design drawings and execute appropriate design field layouts and markups
• Upload and manage all survey data.
• Produce technical field reports related to construction work such as measurements and quantities as required.
• Perform additional survey-related jobs as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and effective team-player.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work productively under minimal direct supervision.
• Knowledge of survey technology (Robotic total stations and GPS) is required.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software is required; knowledge of additional CAD software an asset.
• Ability to work longer hours and/or on night shifts if required.
• Demonstrate the ability to build and manage a cohesive and effective team, with understanding of strengths and weaknesses of team members and using strengths of individuals and group to support the weaknesses.
• Delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
• Able to oversee timely and fair punch list completion, resolve all “routine” change orders, timely delivery through close out submittals, leaving the customer with a positive view of Company.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Possess a minimum of 8-10 years of direct surveying experience within civil, structural, heavy industrial or construction environment. Experience in design build of waste water treatment plants would be preferred.
• Possess a Diploma in Survey or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
• Registered Applied Science Technologist or Technician with APEGBC is an asset.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.