Established in 1972, Coleman Rail, part of the ACCIONA Geotech group of companies, is a leading rail and infrastructure contractor in Australia.
Due to planned business growth Coleman Rail are now seeking the services of an experienced Estimator to join our South Australian team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a small core team of professionals working to deliver multiple construction packages of work.
Reporting to the Regional Construction Manager SA, the Estimator will undertake all functions normally associated with estimating for the construction of rail and associated civil infrastructure, including providing detailed budget estimates from first principles, based on scopes of works provided by the Client. You will also contribute to our business development activities including exploring and identifying broader opportunities for Coleman Rail.
You will also be accountable for:
- Developing value for money estimates
- Relationship management – working collaboratively with our clients to identify a clear and defined scope of works and effective solutions
- Developing full submissions detailing construction methodology adopted for the proposed works, programs identifying the sequence and timings of works and safety and environmental considerations required to complete the works in in order to address risk management.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a construction engineering environment, successfully delivered projects
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- strong knowledge of technical standards in preparing estimates and project costings
- excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- a proactive attitude
- a willingness to think outside of the box
- advanced skills in the Microsoft suite of applications
- Experience in estimating systems like Expert Estimation or Pronamics are favourable but not essential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia.
Applications via Recruiters will not be accepted.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.