ACCIONA is a global leader in sustainable solutions for infrastructure and renewable energy projects. Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA has invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
ACCIONA has been awarded the $450m EPC contract for the 36Mw Kwinana Waste to Energy facility in Kwinana, Western Australia. This flagship project is the first of its kind in Australia and will generate enough electricity to power up to 50,000 households, divert hundreds of thousands of tonnes of kerbside rubbish from being buried in landfill, as well as reducing greenhouse gases associated with landfill operations and enabling far better use of valuable land.
About the Role
The Logistics Manager - Onshore will be responsible for ensuring the effective movement of specialist plant and equipment from port to site and the appropriate logistics planning and management at site. The role requires close liaison with our local team as well as our international team to ensure best outcomes for project.
This important and busy role will be responsible for:
- Planning and programming of local logistics including, but not limited to:
- at port logistics
- customs and freight forwarding
- offsite storage/laydown
- transport from port to site
- site laydown and fabrication areas
- Managing third party customs brokers and freight forwarders
- Negotiating and securing best outcomes for tariffs, duties and concessions
- Preparing transport solutions recommendations based on good practice and commercially sound outcomes
- Coordinating with the relevant stakeholders to monitor on-time delivery ensuring materials deliveries, departures and arrivals meet the project needs
- Identifying and potentially implementing opportunities to improve on-time deliveries and reduce delays in logistics
- Coordinating documentation and special requirements for the import of goods in to Australia
- Checking all the shipping documentation submitted by the suppliers and forwarders to ensure accuracy and avoid extra cost or delay
- Daily coordination with the site team to arrange correct delivery and unloading at Site
- Status reporting and monitoring
You are a solutions-focussed, tertiary qualified Logistics Manager adept at managing multiple complex matters at once, whilst building and maintaining strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in international trade and customs duties, preferably in large EPC construction environment
- Experience in working with local WA logistics suppliers, customs and customs agents
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demand
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.