AIM Roads (AIM) is seeking a highly-motivated, permanent trade-qualified Bridge Worker to join the Service Area 13 Bridge Crew in the Vernon area.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a global leader in infrastructure maintenance and pioneer new bridge opportunities over the span of a minimum 10 year Highway Maintenance Service contract, all while living and working in the beautiful Okanagan area.
A career with AIM’s Bridge Crew falls under the provincial Highway Maintenance Contract and provides many rich and rewarding opportunities to utilize and capitalize on the skills and knowledge associated with the Bridge Worker and Piledriver trade. As a member of AIM’s bridge crew, you are a key part in ensuring a safe and reliable infrastructure network
The ideal candidate should be a trade-certified Bridge Worker and Piledriver. AIM may consider a lesser qualified position – i.e. Red Seal Carpenter who is willing to register as an apprentice and challenge portions of the Bridgeworker training program to obtain full certification as a Bridge Worker and PileDriver.
The assembly point for this position shall be the Vernon area office. Hours of work, benefits, rate of pay are in accordance with the Service Area 13 Collective Agreement
Shift work may be required during the winter season.
The Expectations for this position are attached.
Under the immediate supervision of a Bridge Engineer and/or Bridge Supervisor the Bridge Worker is responsible for executing AIMRoad’s (AIM)’s maintenance program of bridges and related structures. The position delivers the Bridge Program by in accordance with AIM’s Integrated Management System, including all aspects associated with the Quality, Health and Safety and the Environmental systems.
The position is responsible for performing the following duties:
• Acting as an integral team member to deliver AIM’s Integrated Management System (IMS) as it relates to bridges and structures including:
o Inspecting and documenting bridges, structures, and other related infrastructure as required in accordance with the Highway Maintenance Agreement and AIM’s requirements
o Working closely and collaboratively with other bridge crew members, other employees and contractors to deliver bridge, structure and other associated works to the highest standards and in accordance with all specifications
o Operating equipment as required based on the employee’s level of training, licensing and certification in accordance with AIM’s training policies
• Maintaining compliance with all Employee Health and Safety requirements in accordance with WorksafeBC regulations and AIM policies and procedures
• Maintaining compliance with all Employee Environmental and Quality requirements in accordance with the Highway Maintenance Agreement and AIM’s policies and procedures
• Maintaining good public and employee relations
• Other duties as required
Skills and Abilities
• Physically fit, ability to work outside in any and all weather conditions
• Shift work may be required in accordance with the current collective agreement.
• Working under conditions consistent with the trade, high elevations, on or above deep and/or flowing water.
• Preferably secondary school graduation
• Completion of apprenticeship vocational training for the Bridge Workers Trade
• Valid Certificate of Qualification issued by the B.C. Ministry of Labour or the approval equivalent for the Bridge Worker Trade
• Preferably a minimum of three (3) years journeyman work experience
• Valid B.C. Drivers License Class 3, with air, preferably Class 1
• Working knowledge of the Ministry of Transportation’s Maintenance Specifications for Bridge Maintenance and the Standard Specifications for Highway Construction as they pertain to Bridges
Applicants with lesser qualifications as outlined are encouraged to apply.
All applications must be submitted to Rod Keetch, Bridge Engineer by 4:00 pm April 29, 2019 at email@example.com
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.