ACCIONA Industrial is looking for a Site Environmental Manager for an important Project in Scotland.
Implement and maintain the Environmental Management system, and ensure that the contractual and legal Environmental requirements are met at site. Involved in implementation of Corporative Social Impact Management Procedure and Community Benefits program management.
- Familiarizing themselves with their responsibilities within this plan and any other environmental management systems, procedures, environmental legislation, and executing their duties accordingly;
- Establishing a system for secure management of environmental documentation at the project site offices
- Arranging and conducting regular internal reviews of the Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and any sub-plans, ensuring they are amended where there has been a variation to design or scope of works and communicate to relevant personnel;
- Posting, updating and removing, as required, all policies, forms and notices on notice boards, in crib rooms, site offices etc.
- Distributing environmental alerts and circulars any industry related incidents concerning the Environment;
- Monitoring any legislative amendments that could influence this Plan and organizing amendments to the Plan including the list of legislation.
- Assisting the project management team with environmental information and support when required.
- Monitoring the implementation of EMP and compliance with legislation and the Client’s requirements, in particular
- Reporting monthly environmental statistics and relevant information and operational control performance.
- Identifying, recording, communicating, monitoring, inspecting and testing requirements, frequencies, competencies and performance against relevant legislation and the Client’s requirements
- Delivering information, instruction and training regarding environmental legislative and contractual obligations during site inductions and tool box talks;
- Distributing ACCIONA “Environmental Reports” (i.e. news of recent incidents) to all relevant personnel;
- Ensuring ACCIONA employees charged with Environmental responsibilities have appropriate training to adequately perform their duties;
- Monitoring compliance with ACCIONA Environmental policies, plans, sub-plans and any associated procedures or specifications and reporting any non-conformance or non-compliance issues to the Foreman;
- Reviewing and carrying out the site induction as required and ensuring it encompasses all the requirements of the EMP, environmental legislation, relevant polices, codes and the Client’s requirements;
- Participating in or conducting investigations into environmental hazards, incidents, near misses in collaboration with the Foreman;
- Providing guidance to management, workers and Subcontractors to enable them to comply with their environmental obligations, responsibilities and ACCIONA standards;
- Reviewing ACCIONA and subcontractor’s environmental documentation using relevant checklists to ensure it meets any prescriptive legal or contractual requirements for contents, is site specific and reflects work that is to be performed.
- Schedule and execute inspections and audits to subcontractor as required and attend internal or external Environmental Audits at site
- Monitoring environmental objectives and targets and taking any necessary remedial action where non-conformances are detected; and
- Reviewing and authorising all associated environmental plans and environmental aspects of the project.
- Opening, management and monitoring of Environmental nonconformities (NC´s). Expedite close-out of NC´s resolution with each Project responsible (Construction Supervisors, Subcontractors,…).
- Supervise, review and approval of final Environmental documentations.
- Participate in Project and Environmental coordination meetings with partners, client and subcontractors.
- Support project management team with environmental permitting and Planning Conditions process.
- Involved in implementation of Corporative Social Impact Management Procedure and Community Benefits program management.
• Degree in Engineering or Science. Environmental Auditor is preferred.
• Environmental Management System (ISO 14001). Knowledge and previous experience with applicable local Environmental Legislation (UK and Scotland). Environmental Permitting.
• At least 5 years of experience in Environmental Site Operational Control and Management for Industrial / Power EPC Projects (mainly Waste to Energy projects, Biomass Power Plants or Combined Cycle / Coal Power Plants).
• Previous work experience in UK.
• IT advanced skills.
• Languages: Native English.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.