ACCIONA is a global leader in sustainable solutions for infrastructure and renewable energy projects. Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA has invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
ACCIONA has been awarded the $450m EPC contract for the Kwinana Waste to Energy facility in Kwinana, Western Australia. This flagship project is the first of its kind in Australia and will generate enough electricity to power up to 50,000 households, divert hundreds of thousands of tonnes of kerbside rubbish from being buried in landfill, as well as reducing greenhouse gases associated with landfill operations and enabling far better use of valuable land.
We are now seeking a highly motivated and professional Project Senior HSE Advisor to join our team on this exciting new project.
You will be responsible for providing specialist HSE advice and support to the Project team; implementation and governance of Project HSE Management Plans and company HSE Policies and Procedures.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Continuously promoting HSE values to employees, subcontractors, visitors and clients;
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to Project Management Team, Engineers and Supervisors on HSE responsibilities;
- Monitoring day to day work activities for compliance to the projects safety and risk management strategies;
- Participating in HSE activities including toolbox meetings, audits and inspections;
- Providing HSE training to the project team to improve their knowledge and understanding of the HSE topic;
- Coordinating the incident reporting and investigation process including entry of incidents, actions, audits and inspection into the HSE system;
- Participating in the subcontractor selection, on-boarding, operational compliance and performance monitoring processes throughout duration of the project;
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to employees and subcontractors to improve and maintain a heightened level of safety; and
- Providing accurate and timely reports and updates.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar operational role within the Civil, Construction, and / or Infrastructure industries ;
- Minimum Cert IV in Occupational Health and Safety;
- Demonstrated experience in the application of HSE management principles;
- Working knowledge of HSE legislation and industry best practices;
- Incident investigation and auditing capability;
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in MS Office Package
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in behavioural-based safety programs
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.