Reporting to the Supervisor or designate the position of Equipment Operator-Road Header will assist in the excavation for our tunnel operations.
• Operating a Heavy Duty Sandvik MT520 Road Header
• Operate the translation system
• Must be able to operate controls and navigation system
• Read and adjust the main work parameters; cutting head speed, pressures, etc. to the ground conditions
• Coordinate different road-header functions; cutting-head, boom, spinner and conveyor, translation, etc.
• Read and operate the road-header software
• Capacity to detect the main equipment fails and breakdowns
• Basic preventive maintenance skills
• Coordination with other activities in tunnels
• Fill out the daily road-header report in coordination with the maintenance team and supervisor
• Cooperate in other tunnel activities; bolting, ventilation system, shotcreting, etc.
• Previous experience operating a Road Header
• Minimum of 3 years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
• Must possess decision making and problem solving skills by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
• Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others — getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
• High safety awareness
• Must be physically fit and able to work in remote camp locations.
• Outdoor work subject to extreme weather changes
• Must be able to work access/board equipment in areas with uneven ground or snow or soft-ground/surface water
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.