Reporting to the Tunnel Foreman, the driller is responsible for operating bolt drilling equipment in a tunnel/ underground setting. Equipment includes: Atlas Copco Boltec, Simba 7 and Jumbo’s.
• Move equipment/ machinery from storage to work locations
• Safely and effectively operates Atlas Copco Boltec, Simba 7 and Jumbos
• Reads and adjusts the main equipment parameters; drilling speed, pressures, etc.
• Coordinates the movement of booms
• Read bolt driller software manuals and apply principles
• Performs basic preventive maintenance
• Coordinates drilling operations with other activities in the tunnels
• Completes daily drilling reports in coordination with the maintenance team and supervisors
• Assists in other tunnel activities; excavation, ventilation system, shotcreting, etc.
• Ensures that all work is being done in compliance with the safety, environment, and other company protocols
• Ensure all equipment is accounted for daily
• Ensure sufficient supplies are gathered for the day
• Maintenance and care of all assigned equipment
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience operating an Atlas Copco Boltec
• Knowledge of basic machinery schemes and diagram interpretation
• Knowledge of drilling bits and bars
• Ability to detect the main equipment fails and breakdowns
• Must be a team player and must be willing to participate in company safety and production requirements
• Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
• Able to pass any pre-access screening, including a Drug and Alcohol test
• Valid drivers licence complemented by a good driver’s abstract
• Mine Rescue certification valid in British Columbia would be an asset
• Must be physically fit and able to work in remote camp locations
• Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts, day and night
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.