We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
The mission of a Cost Control Manager is to focus in ensure the feasibility in the forecast of margins during the execution of the projects, through the analysis of the costs pending to be incurred as well as the monitoring of the risks and opportunities detected in the projects. In the event of deviations, the purpose is to detect them in time to propose and follow-up on the necessary measures that may mitigate their economic impact.
The scope will be all the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) projects carried out by ACCIONA in its water business.
- Develop and maintenance of cost control procedures for the project.
- Development of policies, objectives and standards applicable.
- Review and help to develop the CBS of the projects in conjunction with the managers of the different areas.
- Lead the projects in order to establish a cost baseline (“0” Budget) for measuring project performance.
- Participate with the Projects team in order to define the cost Project objectives.
- Ensure that the project cost objectives are meet.
- Follow up the rates and cost of the materials and labour of the projects.
- Assist to update the official budget and subsequent revisions of the budget in the project control system.
- Interact with the projects teams, especially with procurement, production, financial and engineering.
- Monitor cost performance to detect and understand variances from plan.
- Control, track and follow-up on subcontractor costs, actual progress, certifications, schedule, delays and variations (if any)
- Assist the projects in order to prepare unit prices, along with the construction & purchasing team, in accordance to the needs of the project, subcontracts and related matters.
- Calculate an EAC (Estimate at Completion) as a forecast of most likely total project costs.
- Ensure that the final changes are accurately record in the cost baseline.
- Analyse deviations and corrective actions proposed in conjunction with area managers.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to improve processes.
- Provide ‘Early Warning’ notifications as issues arise.
- Monthly provide to the Financial Department the information required to guarantee the update of the Cash Flow (CF).
- Control Operational Reserves and Contingencies.
- Provision of guidance and support to construction teams; including reporting structures and requirements, forecasting, timetable guidance, transparency.
- Update personnel schedules in terms of costs.
- Prepare, review and follow up according to the company's calendar, the Project forecasts regarding Billing, Production and margin, based on the current Planning program.
- Monitor that all costs are record in the system and in the correct activity.
- Coordination with the accounts payable manager that all the provisions are on the system on time.
- Compare production with progress.
- Control and record Payment Claims and Change Orders.
- Promote teamwork, maintaining and promoting collaboration among the different areas of the project.
- Search out the “whys” of both positive and negative variances.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the data, communicating if there is any problem for compliance.
- Assist in the development of the management processes to identify and evaluate business areas risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Control and Management of cost transfers.
- Monitoring and control the project risks and opportunities.
- Follow up the control the performance rates of the Project through Earned Value in terms of costs.
- Preparation of integrated reports on cost including development of Key Performance Indicators.
- Cost Control advice to Operations Directors, Project Directors and project teams.
- Trend analysis and delay recovery identification.
- Reporting to the Cost Director, the cost progress situation of the projects and indicators of the principal variables. (Timely and accurate preparation).
- Encourage continuous improvement and process optimization.
- Advising the workers on the cost control construction process and addressing their concern.
- Solving cost control construction problems as soundly as possible.
- Audit the projects and generate the result reports, including the actions plans.
Required Skills and Competencies
Skills and abilities:
- Reliable, well organized and disciplined.
- Highly focused and committed to achieving results, able to develop and maintain solid working relationship at all level.
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate with entire project.
- Team Ability to facilitate project meetings.
- Able to foster outstanding customer service and positive client relationships.
- Analytical Ability, Initiative, Innovation and creativity.
- Team building, willingness, adaptability and flexibility to change.
- Self-motivation for learning, independence and decision-making.
- Delegation, Personnel Management and development.
- Results-oriented, customer-oriented, persuasion and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence at all levels inside the organization.
- Leadership in meetings.
- Able to handle intercultural teams.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor´s Degree: Engineering (preferably Civil Engineer and Mechanical Engineer)
- English: High level of English. C1 degree or similar (Complete professional competence)
- At least 15 years of experience
- At least 10 years in cost control on Site
- To take into account SEO knowledge
- Good knowledge of Office software, especially in Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.