Working on the Mortlake South Wind Farm construction project, the Project HSE Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, ongoing management and delivery of the project health, safety and environment control procedures and plan, ensuring that all project activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory and corporate and project requirements. The role is based at the site, which is near Mortlake in southwest Victoria. Initially, the role may be required to work from the Melbourne office. The position is a 2 year fixed term contract.
• Assist to develop the project health and safety plan and system;
• Monitor and support the implementation of the project health and safety plan and the project environmental plan throughout execution;
• Support internal and external audits to confirm compliance with regulatory, certification and other business requirements;
• Support incident investigation and management activities;
• Prepare and maintain appropriately structured project HSE administration and documentation registers;
• Support the coordination of HSE activities across project HSE and technical resources;
• Support the review of compliance with contractor and subcontractor HSE plans and systems and review their HSE documentation;
• Be involved in project specific forums including HSE tool box, prestart and HS Coordination meetings;
• Engage with corporate office to update on project progress and align implementation initiatives.
• 2-3 years’ experience as a HSE professional working in the construction industry, with exposure to managing contractors on large civil projects.
• Relevent HSE qualifications, in addition to Cert 4 in Training is ideal.
• Knowledge of applicable local laws, codes and regulations.
• Effective report writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships to ensure outcomes are achieved as harmoniously as possible.
• Comfortable working at heights.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Flexibility to travel as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.