The Project Developer is responsible for ensuring that ACCIONA's renewable energy projects progress to commercial pre-construction phase while recognising schedule, cost and quality expectations. This project management role provides strategic development input including commercial and planning advice to guide the logical and strategic passage of ACCIONA Energy projects from feasibility through to the construction and operational phases. Dependant upon the successful candidate's home location, the role may be based out of Melbourne or Brisbane, and requires regular travel within Australia.
• Oversee delivery of projects through to investment case stage;
• Coordination of internal Engineering & Construction, Environment & Planning, Finance, Legal and Community Relations inputs;
• Engage with NSP’s and external consultants to prepare connection enquiries and power flow studies to progress the network connection process;
• Oversee stakeholder and community relations;
• Desktop and field-based investigations into development constraints;
• Provision of accurate and timely strategic assessment of development issues, risk and opportunity;
• Management of development issues as they emerge within projects;
• Development and maintenance of relationships with stakeholders including local, state and federal Government staff and local community representatives;
• Responsible for developing and maintaining trusting and productive project landholder relationships from initiation through to construction handover;
• Manage/implement the landholder lease agreement process and address landholder/lease issues in close collaboration with ACCIONA Energy legal team;
• Assess and improve the commercial viability of projects.
• Tertiary qualifications in town/regional planning, environmental planning, commerce, business management, science or engineering preferred.
• Previous experience in the wind and solar industry and project development, with exposure to planning and grid connection.
• Solid understanding of the grid connection process as it relates to renewable energy developments.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate successful project development outcomes with key government and non-government stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; the ability to develop clear and concise development plans and presentations covering project status, timeline, risk assessment, and budget needs and performance.
• Ability to operate at a detailed level, to organize and multi-task, with a dedication to seeing projects through to completion.
• Understanding of local community dynamics, with the ability to negotiate effectively with landowners, regulators, utilities, and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and strategic thinking.
• Available to travel regularly.
• Current Victorian or equivalent Australian State driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.