Coleman Rail is a specialist rail infrastructure contractor experienced in delivering both light and heavy rail construction and maintenance projects across brownfield and greenfield environments.
National operations see Coleman Rail currently engaged in two major Victorian partnerships for the delivery of major government funded alliance programs one of which is The Ballarat Line Upgrade (BLU). This project will be delivering extensive upgrade works to the regional Victorian rail corridor involving: passing loop construction, station upgrades and substantial road/rail interface upgrades, and various works for platforms, stabling lines, passing loops & carparks.
The Environmental & Approvals Advisor reports to the projects Environment & Sustainability Manager and is critical in the development and implementation of Environmental & Sustainability (E&S) strategies and practices across the project. This role will play a pivotal role in providing specialist advice and driving best practice approaches across the project, ensuring compliance with internal, legislative and client requirements.
The Environmental & Approvals Advisor will develop strong relationships with regulatory bodies and will work closely with project teams, implementing strategies to E&S capability, while promoting a safe and sustainable working environment. The ideal candidate has the following;
- Environmental Science, Management or Engineering qualification and at least 10 years operational environmental management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Environmental principles and the various legislation, regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience in implementation of sustainability management requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of ISO Management System Standards with experience in development of management systems
- Exposure to working with contaminated land and or archaeological digs (highly desirable)
- Construction Induction training, RIW Card and a current drivers licence and reliable private transport
At Coleman Rail, we can offer you:
A competitive salary and salary packaging, solid support and training and a dedicated team on an exciting long term major project.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.