ACCIONA Agua Australia is looking for an Operations & Maintenance Manager to be part of the Kingborough Sewerage Upgrade project in Tasmania, Australia.
The role is to manage and take full responsibility for the safe, contractually compliant and commercially efficient Operations and Maintenance of the allocated wastewater treatment facilities and associated wastewater pumping stations and pipelines to satisfaction of TasWater.
Key Res ponsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements in the following areas: WHS, water quality, security, environment, asset management and production.
- Identify, manage and control all risks that may impact BAJV goals.
- Provide leadership of, mentoring and guidance to Operations personnel responsible for individual and team performance management and ensure that the team has adequate resources to carry out its functions.
- Coordinate recruitment, training and development of employees.
- Meet TasWater and other external stakeholder expectations.
- Be accountable to the project joint venture (BAJV) Management Committee, and be ultimately responsible for the leadership of the Blackmans Bay operation and maintenance team.
- Undertake duties associated with being a member of the Management Committee, incl. but not limited to: budget preparation, reviews and approvals; review of company policies and management plans and procedures and participation in Board meetings.
- Liaise with ACCIONA Agua’s head office (Spain) and BMD Constructions head office (Brisbane) to seek technical assistance as required and collaborate in providing operational feedback for the design of new plants.
- Maintain harmonious and effective relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ensure that safe systems of work are implemented and followed at all times by the operation and maintenance team, Sub-contractors and any other personnel on site.
- Comply with all WHS statutory requirements, including Duty of Care.
- Comply with TasWater WHS policies, procedures and safe work instructions as applicable.
- Participate in consultation and communication of WHS matters with TasWater’s operation and maintenance teams.
Key Results Areas:
- Plant performance as measured by TasWater as well as internal KPIs.
- Budget and forecasted financial outcomes.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Circa 10 years experience in the water industry (preferably wastewater).
- Circa 5 years experience in operation and maintenance of treatment plants (preferably wastewater).
- Familiar with water treatment processes.
- Strong communication skills in English incl. reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Able to prioritise and work autonomously on tasks.
- Good planning skills.
- Able to manage a team and motivate them to meet project goals.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.