This role is responsible for assessment of grid connection options, design of secondary systems connection infrastructure and interfacing solutions and assisting with grid connection applications and related negotiations. This role will work closely with our counterparts in Head Office in Spain. The role is located in Melbourne.
Key Responsibilities include:-
• Assist in developing the strategy for achieving connection of each project and participate in technical negotiation of key connection related agreements.
• Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including AEMO, TNSPs / DNSPs, consultants and ACCIONA counterparts.
• Assist and participate in EPC Electrical Works sub-contract tender processes.
• Develop connection enquiries, generation license and registration applications.
Delivery and Construction
• Develop and maintain power system protection designs and specifications.
• Act as Owner’s Engineer Lead to ensure that Contractor designs meet the specifications.
• Provide Power System Engineering advice and support throughout all phases of project construction.
• Perform PSSE modelling to assess system faults, load flow and dynamic analysis in distribution and transmission systems.
• Lead the development of Generator Performance Standards documentation.
• Complete project documentation for handover to O&M personnel upon completion.
• Provide technical advice on electrical system failures or incidents, upgrades or modifications to operational systems.
• Resolution of grid and electrical and communications technical issues during the construction and operational phases.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable qualifications.
• Significant experience (10+ years) in a technical role in the power generation, transmission or distribution industries, including experience in the design and implementation of power system protection.
• Proven ability managing grid connection procedures with AEMO, DNSP’s & TNSP’s.
• Skilled at producing and reviewing engineering specifications and drawings.
• Track record working as part of an interdisciplinary team in design and construction.
• Strong technical report writing skills.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel.
• Current Australian driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.