The purpose of this role is to improve wind and solar farm reliability by maximising plant availability and efficiency with optimised maintenance practices. The role provides engineering expertise to assist maintenance activities and resolve technical issues. Reporting to the Asset Services Manager, this role is based in Melbourne.
• Provide expert technical advice to resolve technical issues at operational wind and solar farms.
• Undertake Root Cause Analysis investigations on failed or faulting equipment.
• Undertake engineering reviews of retro fits and upgrades at operational sites.
• Provide engineering support to all operational assets.
• Maintain strong relations with colleagues in HQ, Spain.
• Liaise with Acciona Energy Service Engineering, equipment suppliers and manufacturers to resolve engineering issues.
• Develop and review operational procedures to maintain a high standard in line with the asset management objectives.
• Assist in the overall management of documents within the companies Integrated Management System.
• Assist with the reliability engineering programs across all operational sites.
• Work closely with members of the Asset Services team and across operations sites to deliver effective maintenance practices.
• Comply with relevant OHS policies.
• Degree-qualified in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering.
• Relevant professional experience (1-3 years is considered optimal) in a similar role or sector that aligns with Acciona Energy.
• Enjoy troubleshooting and problem-solving in team situations.
• Proven ability to analyse and interpret data.
• Advanced oral communication skills to liaise effectively with colleagues throughout the Operations division.
• Strong written communication skills and report-writing skills, coupled with attention to detail.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis for work, training and meetings to various locations (including international).
• Experience working with wind energy and solar systems.
• Experience with power generation systems.
• Experience with Maximo or a similar CMMS system.
• Experience with SCADA and communications systems.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.