ACCIONA Infrastructures Australia is looking for a Project Director to lead a project in Queensland.
Mission: Successful Execution of the Project and Project Contracts within established Schedule and estimated Budget following quality and safety Project requirements, client’s satisfaction and Acciona’s procedures.
- Project Director is the Joint Venture representative in all dealings with the client in connection with the Project and its representatives. Project Director is the leader for the contract management strategy. Each party of the project team must channel all communications to and from client through the Project Director.
- Project Director is full accountable of the delivery of the Works in accordance with the Project Contracts and authorized to make day to day operating decisions.
- Project Director is accountable against, and shall report to the Steering Committee for the administration and operational activities of the Joint Venture. PD is subject to any lawful direction and delegation from, and supervision by, the Steering Committee.
- Project Director should have technical background, leading project coordination meetings between engineering, procurement, inspection/expediting and construction to ensure the manufacturing and delivery of drawings, equipment and materials at site on due time.
- Project Director should ensure the technical coordination between head engineering office and site technical office for project design completion and site technical assistance, ensuring that all documents are available on time to obtain the necessary certifications and permits for legalization, start-up and operation phase.
- Project Director is responsible for Financial, cost control and planning control of the project reporting to Steering Committee.
- Project Director is responsible for the Management of the Project team.
- Project Director is responsible for official relations with local authorities related to permitting issues,
- Project Director is responsible local third parties or consultant companies relations regarding project matters,
- Project Director is responsible for Safety, health, environmental, security, social and Quality of the project
- Project Director is responsible for the local community and social relations, including Unions affairs.
- Project Director is responsible for HR and Industrial relations including general services
- Project Director is responsible for the implementation of Acciona’s systems, procedures and policies inside full project team.
- Project Director must issue Project Execution Plan which includes main targets, project strategies, Engineering Plan, Procurement Plan, Construction and commissioning plan, Quality and inspection plan and Safety, Health and Environmental plan.
- Project Director must spread schedule culture over Project managers assigning target schedule responsibilities over them.
- Project Director must spread cost control culture over Project managers assigning target cost responsibilities over them.
Qualifications / Experience:- Engineering degree on Industrial, Mining, Naval or similar.
- Preferrable MBA and PMI.
- 10+ years of experience on the Construction Sector.
- Previous experience as Project Director in EPC Lump Sum Turn Key of Power Generation Projects, preferable Waste to Energy or Biomass.
- High level of english (C1)
- Desirable High level of Spanish (C1)
- Microsoft office knowledge
- Availability to travel
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.