Reporting to the Project Director, the Commissioning Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team of Commissioning Engineers, Project Engineers and Contractors to deliver a high quality, flexible and responsive technical service. The role is responsible for the technical aspects throughout the project lifecycle from capture to close-out under an EPC delivery model.
The role manages all technical resource requirements for delivery including the onshore design engineering and commissioning services and provides mentoring and development of teams. The role provides effective management oversight and co-ordination of the commissioning team to drive efficiency, continuous improvement and ensure the commissioning program delivers on time and within budget. The role is responsible for ensuring innovation, value and technical differentiation for changing market opportunities.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in project engineering/design management/ commissioning/testing of Power Generation Projects using thermal combustion technologies associated with waste to energy
- Experience in working closely with International Technology Suppliers
- Extensive experience delivering O&M Training on behalf of Overseas Equipment suppliers
- Experience at being embedded within and liaising with Overseas Engineering Consultant and Major Equipment Suppliers
- Ability to develop detailed commissioning plans, inspection and test plans and reports and other related documents relevant to working in a live environment
- Experience in providing subject matter expertise for technical functions for all phases of waste to energy facility (identification, capture, delivery and close).
- Proven positive customer relationship experience and ability to build strong customer relationships that result in repeat business opportunities
- Tertiary Qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of planning and construction methodologies
- 15+ years construction experience
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.