ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking to hire an Engineering Manager for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Assists the Project Manager by taking charge of specific project engineering duties which generally fall within the areas described below. End result to deliver a successful project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environment and quality.
• Attend regular project meetings to ensure a common understanding of the project design, issues, priorities and schedule requirements between multiple stakeholders, including the client, consultants and suppliers.
• Manage project communication including the proper use of project correspondence and design control documentation.
• Maintain a comprehensive and well organized set of project files.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to project schedule.
• Managing scope and budget based on the design growth.
• Administration of the Design Agreement with the consultant firms, meeting obligations, correspondence, notices, deliverables, invoicing, variations, others as required.
• Overall responsibility for the management of Safety, the Environment and Quality.
• Weekly and Monthly project reporting at various levels.
• Develop temporary works schemes for use on the project phase project and ensure they are implemented correctly on-site.
• Liaise with construction team, designers & suppliers to develop efficient & safe erection engineering methods.
• Risk management for a design point of view.
• Implement the respective sections of Project Management Plans.
• QA/QC Management. Ensure construction is following the design IFCs and Project Agreement specifications. QA/QC team will have a functional dependency of the engineering manager.
• Design quality management leadership.
• Engineers of record management. Clear understanding for the life cycle of the entire project and how the communication between QC/QC-EoRs-Construction works to achieve a successful project minimizing the risk and minimizing change during construction, focus on deliver.
• Deliver a successful project on time and on budget.
• Provide direction and support to project related staff and subcontract partners.
• Maintain cordial relations and communications with the Client.
• Adhere to project budget, schedule, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
• Establish and implement operational, technical, commercial, financial and administrative controls on Projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent people and leadership skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships.
• Able to adapt and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands within the organization.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Experience in complex industrial projects. Water treatment plants design management experience will be required.
• 12+ years’ experience in Design Project Management in Canada.
• A demonstrated understanding of the principles of Project Management.
• A degree in Engineering or equivalent recognized qualification. P Eng certification in BC.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.