Coleman Rail is a specialist rail infrastructure contractor experienced in delivering both light and heavy rail construction and maintenance projects across brownfield and greenfield environments.
We are currently seeking a Tertiary Qualified Procurement Engineer to join our team on the exciting Southern Program Alliance. This package of works will include new stations, bridges, relocation of the Carrum train storage facility and upgrades to Carrum Village. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of the Victorian Governments Level Crossing Removal Project which will run until 2022.
Your contribution to SPA would be the Coordination and delivery of cost efficient procurement activities on the alliance in accordance with the SPA procurement systems, procedures and required standards. Your duties will include but not be limited to
- Recommend and negotiate reliable sources of supply, existing or new
- Facilitate purchasing of major items / services
- Control price and quality of goods / services procured and ensure timely delivery of such goods / services
- Assess and advise on the commercial risks and opportunities identified during the procurement process
- Management and preparation of Procurement Plan, relevant Register and associated documents for the project
- Manage delivery of cost savings targets against project budget for procured items
At Coleman Rail, we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and solid support and training
- A dedicated team on an exciting alliance
- Salary packaging
- A chance to work close to home in Melbourne’s South East
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Hit the apply button now and take your career in a new direction.
. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 8+ yrs experience in procurement with exposure to an engineering, construction, project or heavy manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to execute large procurement programs from concept through implementation
- Sound commercial acumen accompanied by proven negotiation and inter-relationship skills
- Clear and definitive written and verbal communication
- Essential Proficient skills in the following software: MS Excel, MS Word, outlook
- Experience in varies Electronic Document Management Systems
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.