This role is to process ACCIONA Energy operational and project treasury transactions, and revenue settlement transactions for operating wind farms. This role will also have exposure to general accounting compliance including month end, accounts payable, and other statutory reporting requirements.Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is based in Melbourne.
- Preparation and processing of on-line transactions, including foreign currency transactions, for group company bank accounts.
- Monitoring of cash balances and working with team members to assist in cash flow forecasting.
- Bank account administration including the following:
o opening and closing of accounts as required;
o account signatory maintenance;
o correspondence as required;
o maintenance of cheque and deposit book stocks;
o Credit card applications and maintenance of balances;
o Liaise with banking institutions when irregularities or errors occur; and
o When opportunities arise to utilise new banking methodologies/systems, prepare a cost / benefit / risk analysis and recommendation.
Energy Settlements for Operating Wind Farms
- Weekly Reconciliation of generation data provided externally for ACCIONA wind farms.
- Processing of transactional settlements on the Austraclear platform for ACCIONA wind farms.
- Maintain a high understanding of the revenue settlement process and associated rules, policies and systems.
- Preparation of Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGC’s) invoices to electricity buyers and maintain strong communication.
- Registration and where required, transfer of environmental products relating to all generation sites including reconciliation to metered generation data.
- Prepare and report on generation, for audits submitted to the Clean Energy Regulator.
General accounting compliance
- Assist the finance team in the preparation of reconciliations at month end.
- Preparation of Australian Bureau of Statistics surveys.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly Australian Financial Services License requirements including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Assisting the accounts payable function when required.
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements.
- Assisting KPMG with audit information requests.
• Completed Business/Commerce degree, preferably majoring in Accounting.
• Secondary education or equivalent.
• Capacity to balance priorities and manage expectations.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, to exercise initiative, to set priorities and to work within required time lines.
• A good communicator. Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally.
• Developed computer literacy skills, including the use of Microsoft Office products. Strong Excel skills looked upon favorably.
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.