This role is to support control of the General Ledger end to end from AP/AR to financial statements/management reporting. Working closely with the Financial Controller this role has an important month end focus as well as maintaining the integrity of systems, controls and procedures. Will play a key role in the year-end audit process. Other tasks include, but are not limited to, group consolidations, purchase ordering system management and executive reporting. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is based in Melbourne.
· Play a key role in the month end process, preparation and review of reconciliations and journals for a number of entities within the group. Particular focus on the operations of Waubra and Gunning Wind Farms.
· Ensuring account balances are accurate, complete and in line with expectation each month.
· Management of the intercompany balances matrix (AEO group, AEAG group).
· Assist with monthly group consolidations (AEO group, AEAG group & Oceania).
· Preparation of monthly reporting packages to Spain head-office.
· Work with Spain head-office in meeting requests for information as they arise.
· Ensure controls and processes are adequate and suggest improvements.
· Assist the Financial Controller in developing/improving finance team procedures and policies.
· Preparation of quarterly financial statements.
· Be a key point of contact to the external auditors during the year-end audit, including managing the PBC list, preparation of the audit files and position papers.
· Play a key role in the preparation of year-end financial statements.
· Highly involved in the management of the SAP general ledger system.
· Assist in managing the Maximo purchasing system and be a point of contact for internal staff.
Budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
· Assist the Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer in preparation of the annual budget process and 5 year business plan.
· Assist the Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer in preparation of the monthly executive committee finance report.
· Monthly operating expense budget tracking.
· Assist the Financial Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer in project work as it arises.
• University qualified, majoring in commerce/accounting/finance.
• Minimum three years experience, ideally making your first step from audit or current financial accounting role.
• Completed CA/CPA studies.
• Strong knowledge of IFRS and accounting concepts.
• Strong to Advanced Excel preferred.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.