ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is looking for an Accountant to be part of the Finance Team in Brisbane.
The candidate will deliver quality accounting, reporting and financial support to key internal and external stakeholders in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. Due to the recently expansion of Acciona, this position will be required to perform work for any of the companies included in the group, Acciona Infrastructure Australia, Acciona Infrastructure NZ, Acciona Concessions, Acciona Construction Singapore, etc.
- Manage the GL of the company required to ensure compliance with Accounting standards, IFRS and local Governmental Institutions.
- Maintain a watching brief over future local compliance requirements and communicate the impact to the Australian finance team.
Policy, Process and Internal Controls
- Discuss any local compliance issues arising from the systems.
- Assist the different teams in Australia and Spain with system implementations as required.
- Assist with the interim and final audit process preparing the accounting position papers for all entities as required
Financial and Management Reporting
- Maintenance of operational and associated company cost tracking, coding and recording in the general ledger and related systems/processes.
- Preparation and maintenance of group and associate company general ledgers, including journal processing.
- Control and maintenance of the different systems reconciled
- Complex reconciliations and intercompany transactions
- Fixed asset maintenance and Journal processing
- Assist the Australian finance team in a number of reports required for head office Spain.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly Balance Sheet and P&L for the companies in accordance with group accounting policies.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly group and associate management reports including key variance analysis.
- Assist with any other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Assist with month end and yearend financial processes to support the different finance teams.
Key Result areas
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
This position will suit an experienced and dynamic accountant, who is high achieving, can demonstrate strong accounting and complex reconciliation experience.
Your background will ideally include:
- Strong experience gained within a large corporate.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and an engaging, influencing manner with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Professional and driven with a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Problem solution focused and able to support managers in the wider business;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Must possess effective planning and scheduling skills.
- Strong experience in Finance Systems preferable SAP or SAP Business One, Advanced MS Excel and Intermediary Word.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.