ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is a subsidiary of ACCIONA S.A., a Spanish company that ranks among the world's leading sustainability-focused businesses in the renewable energy, major infrastructure and water and wastewater treatment sectors. ACCIONA is committed to developing a lasting foundation in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
To lead estimating team in Singapore and South East Asia.
In addition to developing and maintaining a standard estimating work process, the estimating manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of company standards for estimating systems. Coordination with Estimating Team of HQ. As a resource to the proposal managers and project managers, the estimating manager will insure estimate data will be provided in a format satisfactory to the project team.
- Develop cost estimates and coordinate proposals for assigned estimating projects.
- Provide area specific forecasts and report projects status.
- Manage Estimation process and perform as liaison between estimating team and Director.
- Revise estimates and implement required changes.
- Monitor and ensure bid format meet clients standards.
- Evaluate Customer Request for Tender/Bid/Quotation documents.
- Identify and learn customer requirements for bid purposes.
- Coordinate bid inputs from all organizational departments.
- Coordinate with subcontractors to receive input on pricing on labor, materials and other costs.
- Participate pre and post bid meetings as required.
- Log proposals and tenders into Regional database for cost tracking and historical information.
- Perform as liaison for Project Management when tender is awarded and becomes job.
- Review, provide feedback and evaluate performance of Estimators and Sr. Estimators.
- Planning – Ensure the development and maintenance of company standards and resources for quantity take off and estimating services. Provide a structure that will facilitate a coordinated effort to insure the proper resources are available at all times to the project teams.
- Coordination – Facilitate effective communication and efficient resource deployment within the estimating group as well as with the proposal and project managers.
- Execution - Ensure the commitments of the estimating group are fulfilled.
- Management – Establish and maintain the organization of the estimating group. Ensure that quantity take offs and estimating methods are standardized and proper training is administered. In coordination with the human resources group, insure career development is promoted for all employees within the group.
- Company and Project Goals – Assure that all company and/or project goals are properly communicated to and acted upon by all estimating personnel.
- Quality Control – In a coordinated effort with the quality management group, develop quality standards and monitor compliance through all phases of quantity take off and estimating processes.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 10 years estimating experience estimating on projects constructed using different Tunnelling methods & various use, Metro, Rail, Highways, Utility etc.
- Good knowledge of planning and construction methodologies
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineer or similar
- Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Candy and Expert.
- Analytical skills
- An eye for detail and accuracy with numbers
- Good knowledge of Standards /Regulations
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.