ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire an Accounts Supervisor for our head office in Vancouver, BC.
The Accounts Supervisor works closely with the Accounts Manager of the company, and responsible for reporting and entering daily and monthly financial information and assisting with month end activities of the company.
• Perform weekly bank reconciliations.
• Reconcile, and maintain Balance Sheet account reconciliation.
• Compile, enter and post monthly adjusting journal entries.
• Receive, verify and enter invoices for goods and services received.
• Process employee expense reports.
• Manage the semi-monthly cheque runs.
• Create monthly Receivable invoices.
• Compile month end accruals.
• Handle inquiries from internal and external sources.
• Prepare and distribute various financial reports monthly.
• Flag issues and variances and bring this to the attention of Project Controller.
• Monitoring and reporting project cash flows
• Special Projects as required.
• General Ledger and Payables knowledge.
• Monthly Account Reconciliation.
• GST Return.
• Treasury and cash flow projections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to build and maintain positive relationships with operating management, financial staff and other departments.
• Ability to work independently, takes initiative, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and see projects through to completion.
• Proficiency with MS Office and Excel and QuickBooks.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounts Manager.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles.
• Must have analytical skills.
• Two to five year’ accounting experience.
• Experience in accounting software.
• Degree from an accredited University in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• Accounting designation or working towards one.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.