This position is responsible for supervising the engineering team in design and construction, coordinating production plans, and providing technical and commercial leadership to the engineering team for ACCIONA’s projects. The role is based in Melbourne.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
• Understand, manage and deliver positive safety in design outcomes on all projects for Acciona.
• Plan, manage, and oversee the daily functions, operations, and activities of projects and service engineering teams to continuously improve organizational productivity and customer service.
• Coordinate and direct projects, analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and deliver complex projects, safely, to a high standard of quality, on-time and within budget.
• Undertake development of systems to fulfill changing legislative requirements and value engineering when required, and pro-actively develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering services and projects.
• Provide high level technical support in the management of warranty claims, change management and appropriate corrective actions thereafter.
• Contributing technical and financial/cost control advice to new tenders and contract bids, as well as existing projects.
• Provide technical direction and supervision of both civil and electrical design teams during project development and construction.
• The effective management of external engineering providers and statutory bodies.
• Work within the processes and procedures of the wider “global” ACCIONA engineer team.
• Lead commercial negotiations with Network Service Providers for connection agreements and other related activities where required ensuring sound commercial outcomes for Acciona.
• Keep up to date and abreast of industry factors that may impact on the business.
• Maintain and foster relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, clients and other business contacts. In particular engineering companies.
• Forecasting, monitoring, auditing and reporting of engineering activities in time and cost.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Good knowledge of planning and construction methodologies
• Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering – Masters of Engineering desirable
• 8+ years Electrical engineering required including experience in construction preferably
• Good knowledge of engineering and construction methodologies
• Experience in successfully negotiating contracts with service providers, regulatory bodies, contractors and others.
• Liaise with Head Office in Spain and work closely with the International Engineering Team for all engineering matters
• Experience in successfully managing service providers and contractors.
• Experience management multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience working across different cultures and maintaining key relationships
• Advanced analytical skills, an eye for detail and accuracy with numbers and reports
• Good knowledge of Australian Engineering Standards /Regulations
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.