ACCIONA Industrial is looking for a Cost Control Engineer for an important project in Australia.
Be responsible of controlling and reporting all project´s costs, detecting any deviations and / or anomalies from the stipulated Initial Budget.
In a hierarchically dependence to the Project Control Department and a functionally dependence of the Project Director of the JV, the main duties are:
- Apply the Technical Procedure for Cost Control and Subcontracts Administration established for the JV.
- Coordinate and issue the Initial Budget of the Project.
- Control all the Committed Costs in Incurred Cost of the Project.
- Control the Operating Reserves and Technical Contingencies (TDA's and CGA's) of the Project.
- Provide the cost Estimate to Completion (ETC) of the Project, based on the objective information available at each moment and applying the own prediction techniques for each nature of Cost.
- Prepare and issue on a monthly basis the cost Estimate At Completion of the Project (EAC) through the Cost Control Report and Project Control Report.
- Control of the different Change Orders that arise with the Client, Vendors and Subcontractors.
- Collaborate with the Planning Department in the tasks that require the support of Cost Control.
- Inform about any cost deviations detected, in order to take the appropriate measures during the earlier stages of the problem, prior to the revision of the report.
- Calculate the project indicators following the Earned Value Methodology.
- Revision of current and expected design ratios.
- Update the staffing plan schedules (PTM & CMT).
- Review and issue the Risks and Opportunities Analysis of the Project regarding cost.
- Be aware of the contents of the different subcontracts of the Project until the close-outs.
- Report regularly about the Subcontracts status regarding: Certifications, Measurements, FEWO (Field Extra Work Orders), Contradictory Prices, Claims, Back-Charges
- Attend the needs of any other special report and/or analysis requested by the Project Manager or by Project Control Department.
- Encourage team work, maintaining and fostering collaboration between different company areas.
- Ensure data confidentiality, reporting any potential compliance problems.
- University Degree in Organization Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mining Engineering, or similar.
- Previous work experience of at least 5 years as Cost Control Engineer in important EPC projects for Energy or Oil&Gas sector. Experience in Waste to Energy Plants will be a plus.
- Advanced Level of Microsoft Excel.
- High command of English (C1).
- Geographical availability and open to travel.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.