This role is to provide planning and environmental input to renewable energy projects at project consenting and construction/operational phases. This includes the coordination of internal inputs and project managing the inputs of external consultants and preparing planning and environmental assessments and applications. The role also involves assistance with environmental management and monitoring of projects in construction/operational phases. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Environment & Planning, this role is based in Melbourne.
· Desktop and field based investigations into planning and environmental constraints on short listed prospect sites and projects in feasibility stage.
· Direct management of external consultants (scope, budget, timing) working on the preparation of technical studies, planning and permit applications and other reports.
· Preparation of planning applications for renewable energy projects.
· Preparation and review of referrals required under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act and State environment legislation.
· Collation (and implementation) of technical reports required for secondary approvals.
· Management of planning/environmental issues as they emerge with the appropriate stakeholders.
· Leading the development and maintenance of relationships with stakeholders including local, state and federal Government staff and local community representatives.
· Coordination and delivery of allocated project deliverables on time and within budget.
· Preparation of project reports.
· Attendance and contribution at community events.
· Liaison with landowners and neighbours regarding potential environmental impacts and other planning matters.
· Monitoring of developments in planning and environmental legislation and regulations.
· Assistance in the preparation of environmental management plans (EMPs).
· Engagement and management of specialist consultants to prepare cultural heritage management plans, landscaping plans, pest plant & animal control plans, avifauna monitoring plans, etc.
· Undertake or manage compliance monitoring at operating projects.
· Development of environmental programs and any training necessary at construction and operating sites.
· Performance of internal audits and reviewing external audit reports.
· Management of environmental information and reporting.
· Provision of advice to construction and operation managers on environmental and planning related issues.
This role will suit a self-motivated graduate who is passionate about renewable energy. Ideally you will have 1 to 2 years' experience gained working in a planning function within consulting, infrastructure, government or development sectors within Australia. To succeed in this position you will have the following professional profile:-
· Undergraduate or higher degree in town and regional planning (essential)
· Practical understanding and application of Australian planning systems (especially NSW &/or Queensland)
· Demonstrated ability to participate in negotiating successful planning outcomes with key government and non-government stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience in environmental impact assessments, environmental management, planning and development application processes (preferred but not essential).
· Current Victorian or equivalent Australian State driver’s licens e, and ability to travel for work as required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.