The purpose of this role is to provide electrical engineering expertise within the Asset Services team - to assist with technical issues, provide support (remotely and locally) and to improve reliability at Acciona's operational wind and solar assets. Reporting to the Manager Asset Services, this role is based in Melbourne.
- Provide expert technical advice to resolve technical issues at operational wind and solar farms.
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis investigations on failed or faulting equipment.
- Provide support and authority on High Voltage activities at operational sites.
- Develop and review maintenance plans and procedures for electrical assets.
- Undertake electrical engineering reviews of retro fits and upgrades at operational sites.
- Ensure operational assets are compliant with network operating protocols including compliance obligations with the National Electricity Market (NEM)
- Provide engineering support to all operational assets.
- Review HV procedures, permits and switching programs.
- Maintain strong relations with colleagues in HQ, Spain.
- Liaise with AE Service Engineering, equipment suppliers and manufacturers to resolve electrical engineering issues.
• A-Grade Electrician (ideal) or degree-qualified Electrical Engineer (considered);
• Relevant experience in power generation or large-scale manufacturing, including electrical testing of power systems e.g. transformers, generators, cables.
• Proven ability to analyse and interpret data.
• Advanced oral communication skills to liaise effectively with colleagues throughout the Operations division.
• Strong written communication skills and report-writing skills, coupled with attention to detail.
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis for work, training and meetings to various locations (including international).
• Experience working with wind energy and solar systems.
• Experience with power generation systems.
• Experience working with High Voltage permit systems.
• Experience with Maximo or a similar CMMS system.
• Experience with SCADA and communications systems.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.