ACCIONA Energy is seeking to fill a Electrical System Operator position based out of our corporate offices in downtown, Chicago.
- Monitor, control, and ensure 24 hours per day, 7 days a week availability and production of wind electricity generation facilities under the responsibility of Acciona Energy North America’s Renewable Energy System Operation Center during normal and emergency conditions in a safe, reliable, and economic manner.
- Monitor and evaluate system conditions, anticipate problems, and implement strategies to minimize or avoid issues which will adversely impact the wind turbines under the responsibility of the Operation Center.
- Promptly acquire and disseminate information to the appropriate entities for system disturbances, emergency conditions and other events adversely affecting the wind farms under the responsibility of the Operation Center and/or the Bulk Power System.
- Direct and support dispatch of Technicians to perform system restoration and service activities.
- Analyze system conditions and maintain situational awareness.
- Develop and distribute periodic and incidental reports.
- Record, log, and maintain accurate records of power system operation.
- Maintain a working understanding of all Operation Center procedures and relevant NERC Reliability Standards.
- Stay current with Acciona renewable energy technology and professional development by participating in various training opportunities, and reading relevant Acciona and industry documents/publications.
- Author Electrical Switching and Operation Center Procedures.
- Maintain required training certifications and proficiencies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 year technical degree or 4 year technical degree required or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in utility or power plant operations highly desired
- Obtain PJM Certification within 12 months
- Obtain NERC Certification within 12 months
- Working knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards is a plus
- Knowledge of electrical / mechanical theory and concepts
- Skill handling multiple tasks simultaneously without losing track of the details at various states of completion under normal and stressful conditions
- Must work in a shift routine basis (nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours)
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts
- Ability to use computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Ability to monitor and navigate among several computer screens simultaneously
- Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal/external customers
- Ability to professionally represent the company when interacting with external organizations
- Experience working with wind energy systems desirable
- Ability to travel for training to various locations (including international)
- Must be Customer Focused
- A valid driver’s license is desirable
- Must be able to work in an office team environment
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.